Blockchain Checkpoints - config.ini

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by riverhead, Dec 15, 2016.

1. riverhead

riverhead Moderator Staff Member

If you add the below snippet in the config.ini file in the appropriate place (see comment for guide) it will assist your node in being on the correct fork.
    Code:
    # Pairs of [BLOCK_NUM,BLOCK_ID] that should be enforced as checkpoints.
    # checkpoint =
    checkpoint = [199733, "00030c35561d2e68499ee948ba73f65558a25426"]
    checkpoint = [199740, "00030c3c7ae7f72df4e5853f11bf38961c836377"]
    checkpoint = [199766, "00030c5619888a942e3de734a44e212356f0a2ad"]

monocolor, weezy, hack_ and 4 others like this.
  2. nickyhash

nickyhash Moonstone

Great post!! + 1 like for you

weezy likes this.
  3. weezy

weezy Topaz

Should probably keep this thread pinned and updated regularly

nickyhash likes this.
  4. nickyhash

nickyhash Moonstone

+1

weezy likes this.
  5. riverhead

riverhead Moderator Staff Member

It's mostly important to have checkpoints around hard forks so people make the jump successfully when resyncing.

hack_, drays and nickyhash like this.
  6. lafona

lafona New Member

Was there a hardfork already?

7. nickyhash

nickyhash Moonstone

No, because of the fast block time, users may end up on a stale chain.

8. thorjeus

thorjeus Amethyst

Hi,
    My id isn't registered as witness again at the explorer, what is going on?
    Thanks.

9. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

what's your id? since the distribution has started, the voting may have been changed. people now have different voting powers because of the movement of the XMS coins.

10. thorjeus

thorjeus Amethyst

it's jthor
    my vps witness node is still running, but my name isn't at the list. what should i do?

11. admin

get some votes, i'll vote for you now

12. admin

oh i already voted for you ever since

13. admin

but my voting power is now a lot lower

14. thorjeus

thorjeus Amethyst

oh ok, i hope someone will vote me :)
    thank you

15. drays

drays Topaz

Thats not only you. The most early folks are out.
    Join the "Moonstone club" by Joseph, if you wish.
    Ask them vote for you. Maybe they will do, maybe not. Not sure of their criteria., but looks like steem folks started to create gangs.
    Political games have started here unfortunately :(. Hate the politics, thats the most unproductive and useless thing in the world :mad:

But all this is off-topic in this tread, so I wont mind if mods delete this :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  16. thorjeus

thorjeus Amethyst

Yeah, i turned off my vps few hours a go. I can turn it on again but as you said, if this become so gangs-able i don't know whether i still have a chance or not as i don't really like that kind of games also :(
    Wish to play honest with all i've got.
    Have a great day folks.

17. drays

drays Topaz

Lets see how it goes...
    In fact, this is not about playing honest. People playing politics can also be honest (not in real world of course :D, but at least here it is possible). It would be ideal to support about the ones who are the most effective for the development, who can offer the best hardware to the project, or who has proven to be trustworthy. Politics though is typically about supporting only the ones whom you believe to make your own personal positions stronger, regardless of anything else and regardless of their objective value to the project - and this is what I personally dislike about politics and politicians.
    It is early to make any conclusions yet... Finally it may happen that the ones who organize groups now and push everyone else out, would be in fact the ones who are the most useful for the project.
    In fact, I am actually not sure I personally would be good enough as a witness. Not sure how it is for you, but when it comes to me, my real-life job could take a lot of my time, so I cannot guarantee I will follow all I need to follow... So probably everything is ok, the ones who got time and passion will get what they deserve :)